Do you want to be part of The Greatest Dog Story In The World?
Well we all will be. This is my plan and I think it could be great. We are all going to write a great Dog story here on this page.
We can each write a section, or as many sections as we want, however long or short we wish. The story will be open for four consecutive weeks starting today. It will close in four weeks time at the time this post is first puplished which I will post at the bottom.
How it will work and why you should contribute.
Firstly, I have a feeling this will be great fun for us all. We can all be part of a great community of pet owners or animal lovers that can interact via this post and who knows what other format. If you contribute and have a blog or website then you get a free mention by filling in your site details in the comments registration box and I have a feeling quite a few people will be seeing it.
You get to use your indvidual writing style to contribute to the story in whatever way you see fit. You can post a word or an essay. Whatever you want. You can bring yourself in to the story, or your animals, you can put a talking Dog in to the story or turn it in to a whodunnit. The beauty of this is it will be wide open for you to take it in any direction you see fit. I just know this is going to be great fun.
Okay, how will this work and what do you do?
- This story will run in the comments section
- You need to post a comment on a different post first (only if you have not already made a comment and are on auto approve)
- I will approve your comment as soon as I can but bear in mind I do sleep and leave the house
- You need to make a decent, non spammy comment, this way I will approve you and all future comments by you can then be accepted automatically, this will make the story here run in order and make sense (hopefully)!
- Once you are on auto approve (anyone who has already left a comment already is) leave your part of the Dog story by making a comment
- Make it as short or as long as you want
- I will not edit comments so check your spelling
- Anything I dissaprove of i.e overtly bad language will just be removed (remember I will not edit your post)
- Keep it on topic to the general theme (this is a Dog story)
- Use your imagination and take the story in to new and exciting places
- Tell the world about it
- Tell everyone on Twitter you are part of the Greatest Dog Story In The World
- Bookmark this page so others can find your part of the story
- Submit it to all your favourite sites like Digg, Mixx etc using the buttons at the bottom of this post or your own bookmarks etc. The more people that see this story, the more people there are that will see your website and your last blog post via the commentluv plugin
- If you don’t have a website or a blog, don’t feel left out, you don’t need one to be part of The Greatest Dog Story In The World. We all want to see how creative we can all be
- This story will last for four weeks from the time I post this. Be especially aware that my time is GMT +1, it is up to you to work out how this relates to your time zone. If it does not end naturally via the final post then, I will pick a contributor at random and they can post the ending. If they don’t respond in 24 hours I will pick the next commentator down etc etc
- I have the honour of going first (see the first comment below)
At the end of the four weeks and once we have the final chapter, I will compile all the comments and put them in to a story format and publish the whole story. At the end of the story every writer will be credited for their contribution and those with a website or blog will have their link added as a bonus thank you. We can then all save the page to be part of Doggie history.
Anyone who wants to be a part of this I would suggest subscribing to the feed or bookmarking this page so you can easily check back to follow the story. Remember you can make as many contributions as you want.
So come on everyone, Lets make this the Greatest Dog Story In The World. Bring your Dogs or yourself to the attention of all the readers and contributors and lets all see where this ends up. Four weeks of story telling….Let’s GO!
First Published Tuesday 16th December 2008 18:28