This New Year’s Eve I have been browing through Amazon and I came across quite a few interesting discoveries.
For a start there are some quite surprising Bestsellers in the Dog related sections. What is worrying though is that in the general Pets section sales for Cat related products are a lot higher than those for Dogs. Can’t be right, surely?
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to compile some top tens to see what everyone thinks and what their opinions are. It is also fun to see what the world has bought for their Dogs this year.
By the way you can hover over each link and see more about the product. A great new innovation from Amazon.
If you like the look of anything then BUY IT. I have a lot of hungry Doggies here and they have been told they will get an extra Doggie treat for all the readers that send us a few pennies via an Amazon sale.
Top Ten Bestselling Dog Related Books
- Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World’s Worst Dog
- Cesar’s Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems
- Be the Pack Leader: Use Cesar’s Way to Transform Your Dog . . . and Your Life
- Merle’s Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog
- A Member of the Family: Cesar Millan’s Guide to a Lifetime of Fulfillment with Your Dog
- 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog
- Rescuing Sprite: A Dog Lover’s Story of Joy and Anguish
- The Dangerous Book for Dogs: A Parody by Rex and Sparky
- Old Dogs: Are the Best Dogs
- Bliss to You: Trixie’s Guide to a Happy Life
What I am surprised about is that Cesar Milan (he has visited this blog by the way) has three of the top five spots. I do advocate many of his training methods but I guess I just didn’t quite realise how many books he has on the market. His no nonsense approach is one that many people must respect and can follow.
So, what’s next?
Top Ten Dog Toys
- Cardinal Laboratories Crazy Pet Bumble Ball (Various Colors)
- KONG Flyer
- Premier Busy Buddy Tug-a-Jug
- Hartz Chew N’ Clean Dental Duo Toy and Edible Dog Chew Medium, Assorted Colors
- Multipet Curly Pets Dog Toy, Monkey
- Extreme KONG Black
- Multipet Nobbly Wobbly Ball Large Dog Toy
- Loofa Dog Plush Dog Toy (Colors May Vary)
- Chuckit! Ultra Ball, 2 Balls per Pack
- Classic KONG, Red
I must say what I am surprised at here is how many toys are soft. If your Dog is anything like my three Dogs of Doom they wouldn’t last five minutes. I guess not all Dogs prefer the insides of thir Toys!
I wouldn’t bet on it though!
The FInal Top Ten is for the category I know the least about. A lot of people buy the following though so I may just be out of the loop a little. What I am VERY surprised by is how cheap things like backpacks and clothes are for Dogs. I thought it would all be a lot more expensive, and for the little Dogsters out there I guess some form of extra layer for the little Dudes is quite important.
Top Ten Apparell And Accessories For Dogs
- Outward Hound Urban Adventure Dog Backpack, Large
- Outward Hound Excursion Dog Backpack, Small
- Puppia Soft Dog Harness (Mesh) Black Medium
- BROWN The Yukon Dog Jacket BROWN – X-SMALL – The Yukon Dog Jacket
- PINK – SMALL – Sporty Fleece Pullover
- Apple of My Eye Dog Tee X-Small (XS) Mama’s Boy
- Dog Sweatshirt – Raspberry Sorbet Basic Dog Hoodie – Large
- GRAY/PINK Tonal Argyle Dog Sweater GRAY/PINK – LARGE – Tonal Argyle Dog Sweater
- Dog Eskimo Winter Warm Jacket – Black Color – Medium Size
- TAN – X-LARGE – Aspen Dog Coat
So, that is the end of year wrap up for all those who love to see what the Dog loving world has bought this year. We will see what the following year has to offer and what is all the craze for 2009.
Happy New Year from The Three Dog Blogger, Mrs. Three Dog Blogger, Daisy, Faye, Jet, Naruto and the four Chickens (oh, and the odd Mountain Goat as well)!
I’ve read a lot of the books on the top ten list, but I haven’t check out Cesar’s book, A Member of the Family. I’m reading Merle’s Door right now. So many books to read and I can’t seem to find the time to do so!
Good lists. Ace could use some new toys, too.