I spent 15 years owning one Dog, then about nine months owning two and now (as I am sure you can guess) there are three little Bone Munchers in the Household.
It became apparent immediately that we got our second Dog, Daisy, that there were numerous advantages to owning two Dogs.
Obviously if you have really limited space you would need to think carefully about this, but there are still many advantages.
Reasons To Own Two Dogs
- Dogs are sociable creatures and love company.
- Owning two Dogs allows them to always have a friend with them.
- Two Dogs really isn’t much more trouble more one.
- Young Dogs are full of energy. Owning two Dogs allows them to burn of excess energy quicker by playing and play-fighting with each other.
- Two Dogs is simply more fun than just one. They seem to get more bonkers the more you have! (trust me I know)
- If you have one Dog that is trained already, the training of the second one is much easier. They copy each others actions and learn quicker.
- More face licks for you!
- More Dog Fur for you! Um…probably not such a good one that!
- Walking two Dogs is more fun. They can run around together and get tired out quicker.
- You have double Guard Dog Duty when you are out.
- You can sit down and rub two Dogs heads at the same time.
- If you have a Puppy and it won’t stop biting, getting another one is the instant solution to the problem. A bit drastic but it does work. They take it out on each other instead!
- You will have more Doggie amusement in the Household.
- More Doggie stories to tell. Apparently Faye has just caught a small Bird as I type! How, I simply don’t know. Maybe she has been at the Cabbages again!
- The barking, the barking! Um….again probably not such a good one!
- If trained properly they actually seem to make each other behave better.
- An older Dog will quickly bring a younger Dog in to line. This makes training easier. Why wait until you have no Dogs before getting another one? Sad to think about but it is true.
- It is just simply much more fun having two bone munchers about.
- You will be much more likely to ensure you get out for those two walks a day that you should be doing anyway.
- All your friends will be jealous that you have two loving companions and all they have is a stinky cat!
- Two Dogs will help you pick up strangers better in the local Park! You can tell the person you have in mind how great you are at rescuing Dogs!
- Two Dogs means that, hopefully, at least one will have been a rescue. You have therefore saved a Dogs life.
- If you get two Dogs spayed or neutered then you have saved countless Dogs lives in the future.
- Life is never boring with two Dogs.
- The two Dog blog is a catchier title than the one Dog blog.
- You can waste loads more time taking even more photos of the pooches.
- You can get in to more trouble because you will hear more often “How come you never want to take as many photos of me as you do the Dogs?” Um…again, not such a good one!
- Double Belly Rub! You know it makes sense!
So, did I miss anything out?
May the Doggie Force be with you all.