A few weeks back we looked at 28 Reasons Why Owning Two Dogs is Better Than One and there are a lot of advantages. 2 Dogs is better than 1 for a lot of reasons, although you will need the time to care for them well.
As I own 3 Dogs I thought I would share with you the many reasons why looking after 3 Dogs is even better. Owning multiple Dogs is, naturally, a challenge. It is one that is well worth it though. There is certainly never a dull moment!
Which brings me to number 1:
- Life is never boring with three Dogs.
- Make sure at least one of the Dogs is a Rescue Dog. You have now saved a Dog from a life of misery.
- Easy Training. Two Dogs will be of great assistance in making it easy to train a third Dog. The newest Dog will copy the other 2 Dogs and make it much easier to train.
- Super Security. No one is going to be too inclined to break in to your house if there are three Dogs on the premises.
- If you have a Shy Dog then it will do much better with some Doggie company. Our Dog Daisy may be shy around new people and Dogs but she is not at all timid with her two Dog buddies. She is the picture of confidence.
- Walking three Dogs is quite a challenge alone but there is one major advantage. Not going for a walk twice a day is NOT an option. 3 Dogs means you will always be getting that twice daily dose of exercise.
- Lots more Fur to clean up every day! Not such a good one that. Makes you do the chores daily though!
- 3 Dogs may make you more inclined to take up a new hobby. Like getting a Dog Powered Scooter or some other new and fun thing to do with the Dogs.
- If you Spay or Neuter 3 Dogs then think about how many poor Dogs you will have saved from a sad life stuck in a Rescue Shelter. The reality is that lots of Dogs that have not been Spayed or Neutered end up having or creating multiple births and too many Puppies for the owner to care for.
- Lots more Face Licks!
- Lots more Dogs on the bed. Questionable one this but some owners love a big pile of Dogs on the bed!
- You can write a Dog Blog and have a catchy title!
- You can bore your Friends silly with all the stories of the fantastic things they did today. Faye pulled a funny face earlier, ooh how interesting!
- 3 Dogs means you always have an excuse if someone comes to visit and you are not really in the mood! “Yeah, one of the Dogs is being sick. You better come back another day”.
- Looking after Dogs is a challenge anyway. You may as well GO FOR IT!
- The more Dogs you have the more Bonkers they are. Owning 3 Dogs means that there is always something amusing going on.
- Owning three Dogs will make it even easier to pick up strangers at the Dog Park. You can talk about what a great Human you are for saving so many Dogs from the Dog Shelter!!!
- You can fill up your Hard Drive even quicker, with thousands of repetitive photos, and get told off by your Partner even more for never taking any Pictures of them! “But did you just see how cute that was when Daisy cocked her head to the side?”.
- A lot more Gassy Dog problems to try to find the answer to. Hmmm.
- Three Dogs in the Car with their Dog Seat belt harnesses on means you can pretend to be a Bus Driver!
- You can invent more stupid names. “Little Ninja Bed Diving Monkeys” comes to mind. By the way, if you want to see some really Cute Dog Pictures, this site has found a bunch of dog pictures and includes many captions that are funny, but just as stupid as “Little Ninja Bed Diving Monkeys
- You can make more stupid noises just to watch the Bone Munchers heads wobble from side to side in total confusion.
- 3 Dogs means they will burn off a ton of energy as at any one time there will always be at least 2 Dogs that will jumping about like loons seeing who can get in the best “Body Slam”!
- Looking after three Dogs means constantly wondering what trouble they will get in to next. Keeps you on your toes.
- Six ears means six things that will make you smile! Do Dogs ears actually have an independent existence from the Dog? I sometimes wonder.
- You will always have at least one Dog that wants to play with you.
- Three Dogs means that even after years you will still call them by the wrong names on ocassion and get everyone in the House totally confused. Including yourself!
- Triple belly rub! You know it makes sense!
May the Doggie Force be with you all,